The Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia will welcome 25 entries for the third round of the season when the series returns to Phillip Island for the Shannons Nationals.
With a three-class battle to take place across three races, series leader Cooper Murray heads the Pro class alongside fellow Melburnians Max Vidau and Simon Fallon, who continue to their entertaining battle for top spot.
Chelsea Angelo will be looking to bounce back after an accident in the second race at Sandown ended her round two campaign, while Luis Leeds will be look to replicate his form from the same round that saw him gain his first Porsche podium.
Danny Stutterd, the only Pro-Am class driver to feature on both Tailem Bend and Sandown Pro-Am podiums, leads the class, which holds the highest representation with an 11-strong grid.
Brett Boulton and Michael Hovey sit second and third on the class standings and will be looking to overtake class leader Stutterd, while Marcel Zalloua and Graham Williams return to Challenge after missing round two in Sandown.
While the series will be celebrating it’s 10th anniversary, Ross McGregor will also be celebrating a small milestone, making his 26th GT3 Cup Challenge appearance, equal fourth on the list of most ever round starts in the series.
As McGregor reaches his milestone, Vince Misuraca and Sergio Pires will make their series debut in Class B, while Tony Martin enters his first race for 2017 in his ex-Craig Baird triple Carrera Cup title winning 911 GT3 Cup race car.
The Porsche Michelin GT3 Cup Challenge Australia will begin with two 30-minute practice session on the Friday, before qualifying on Saturday morning sets up the first race in the afternoon. Sunday will see the final two races take place.
The Shannons Nationals at Phillip Island Grand Prix circuit will take place on 1 -3 June, with live coverage of Sunday’s session available on motorsportaustraliachampionships.com.au.
Tickets are available for purchase at the gate.
Entry List: Round 3, Phillip Island
1. #7 Jimmy Vernon (Pro) McElrea Racing
2. #9 Tony Martin (Class B) Triffid Bar+Venue
3. #10 Michael Loccisano (Pro-Am) Hallmarc
4. #15 Vince Misuraca (Class B) Pie-Face/United Petroleum
5. #21 Shane Barwood (Pro-Am) Melbourne Orthopaedic Group
6. #17 Marcel Zalloua (Pro-Am) 360 Motorsport/Valmont
7. #22 Andrew Goldie (Class B) Woodford Trailers
8. #23 Daniel Stutterd (Pro-Am) The Porsche Broker
9. #27 Sam Fillmore (Pro-Am) The Porsche Broker
10. #29 Rob Woods (Pro-Am) Platinum Night Club Broadbeach
11. #36 Cooper Murray (Pro) Lodge Bros Racing
12. #38 Chelsea Angelo (Pro) PAYCE/Wilson Security
13. #57 Richard Bloomfield (Class B) Okey Dokey
14. #65 Ben Stack (Pro-Am) DNA Racing
15. #73 Michael Hovey (Pro-Am) Triffid Bar & Venue
16. #76 Christian Pancione (Class B) VCM Performance
17. #77 Max Vidau (Pro) Sonic/Bob Jane T Marts
18. #84 Brett Boulton (Pro-Am) Bold Living
19. #87 David Greig (Class B) Daikin
20. #88 Phil Morriss (Class B) Morriss Racing Services
21. #96 Simon Fallon (Pro) Sonic Motor Racing
22. #99 Ross McGregor (Pro-Am) Southern Star Windows
23. #117 Sergio Pires (Class B) 360 Motorsport
24. #131 Graham Williams (Pro-Am) Sonic/Williams Racing
25. #230 Luis Leeds (Pro) OPS Gateway